Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Here's a wierd dealio...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member mlr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2005
    Posts
    22
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just saw this on ebay. Not really on topic I suppose, but thought you cats might like to peruse this wierd cabinet.
    ebay auction link:ebay auction

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Here's a wierd dealio...


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    I thonk I recall the blueprints to those- it was signed by the designer R. Goldberg.

    Interesting piece. Bad design.

    Thanks for posting it- always like to see crazy stuff. forums

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Old Guy:
    I thonk I recall the blueprints to those- it was signed by the designer R. Goldberg.

    Interesting piece. Bad design.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Who is R. Goldberg? I tried Googling for the answer, but came up empty.

    What makes the cabinet a bad design? It's close enough for me to bid.....Hmmmm.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Here's a wierd dealio...


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Post

    Who is R. Goldberg? I tried Googling for the answer, but came up empty.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LMAO! ................. i almost asked this question myself.

    That was close, i nearly shot myself in the foot while it was in my mouth. forums

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Old Guy:
    http://www.rube-goldberg.com/
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">While searching Google, I did pull up Rube Goldberg in a few searches, but I thought that wouldn't make since we're talking speaker cabinets not weirdo "machines". I do feel a bit silly/dumb, Though :-)

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Audio_by_Goodwill:
    but I thought that wouldn't make since we're talking speaker cabinets
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That should read..... make sense, since we're talking about speaker cabinets.....

    I never noticed this before, but apparently, we can't edit posts :-(

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Here's a wierd dealio...


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    forums Did you look closely at that cabinet?

    I think "maximum effort for minimal results" is a perfect description. It certainly qualifies as a contraption IMHO.

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Greets!

    It appears to be a multi-stage 6th order bandpass alignment. With the right drivers I bet it's pretty awesome in its optimum passband, though like a Karlson, its performance might leave something to be desired in the SQ dept..

    GM

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Old Guy:
    forums Did you look closely at that cabinet?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">As best I could.... it wasn't obvious to me, how the thing was constructed. The darker areas were kind of hard to see on my monitor.

    I think "maximum effort for minimal results" is a perfect description. It certainly qualifies as a contraption IMHO.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Quite possibly.... the guy did say it was horn loaded both front and back. I remember thinking about that when I was dreaming of the "ultimate" cabinet.... but in reality, it's probably a bit much for one cabinet to do/be everything.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.